Sunday, June 23, 2024

Chamisa and Sage - Estudio Corazon 2021

I was fortunate to be Artist in Residence at Ghost Ranch in September, 2021.  During my four weeks on the ranch I nurtured my creative spirit, painted, and experimented with new processes.  The landscape provided much inspiration, and among the works I created were a series of 95 postcards, depicting desert sage and Chamisa, also called rabbitbrush.  

Making a large series of these small paintings allowed me to connect with the subject in a wonderful way.  From the examples included in this post, you can see that each one is unique, even though all have a very similar composition, color palette, and general technique.

Chamisa and Sage
Acrylic on paper
4 x 6 inches
Series of 95 paintings


Chamisa and Sage 19/95



Chamisa and Sage 20/95



Chamisa and Sage 33/95


Chamisa and Sage - reverse


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite of your postcard series. I treasure my painting from this series!

    ReplyDelete