Thursday, June 11, 2020

Stay Home - Be Safe - Send Mail

In March, my employer told me to take my computer and go work from home.  It’s been an interesting experience staying sheltered and distant these past months.  Some days are pleasant while others are filled with anxiety and frustration over a circumstance that is beyond my control.

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, and I spend all my time at home, I notice things about my environment that I never noticed before.  Other familiar parts of my surroundings take on new meaning when seen from my new stay-at-home vantage.  The way the shadow of our house crawls across the patio; the clouds that fill this pollution-free urban sky; and the unusual beauty of food packaging.  

This mail art project uses recycled art papers and cardboard waste in the shape of our house to reflect on the beauty that surrounds me and the warning from healthcare professionals that the pandemic is not over.  I choose to limit my contact with others and practice social distancing, wash my hands, and wear a face covering when I do go out in public.  

I encourage you to stay home, be safe, and send mail.


Stay Home - 101 of 149


Stay Home - 19 of 149


Stay Home - 49 of 149


Stay Home - 50 of 149



Stay Home - Reverse

No comments:

Post a Comment